This week I love...

... the fact that we're already in February! That's one step closer to spring. This is always the time of year when I wish I was still in London. The spring comes so much earlier there. Definitely one thing I really miss. I'll be going to Turku tomorrow. Not quite London but I'm still excited. On the agenda is some culture, followed by some shopping and a visit to my godmother's. On Sunday we'll be celebrating my brother's birthday. So, a fun weekend ahead. Hope you have something nice planned as well. Enjoy your weekends!! Let's get cracking with this week's favourites...

1. I ♥ Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day is special for me as we got engaged on that day. We still lived in London then and England celebrates this day as do the Americans - as a day of lovers. However, in Finland it's more of a day of friends. You send cards to your friends and the emphasis is not solely on the one your with. I'll be featuring a lot of ideas for Valentine's Day and this is the first. I think I'll be giving S something like this. Easy to do and also easy to customise to make it look more "you". You can get more ideas from my Pinterest board You're In My Heart.


2. I ♥ this apartment
Yes, Alvhem Mäkleri have done it again. This stunning apartment is listed on their website. Why aren't Finnish homes or more specifically homes on sale like this???!!! I would buy this immediately. Someone should start styling apartments that are for sale in Finland. I bet they would sell much better if they looked even a little bit like this one.

Enjoy!











3. I ♥ a DIY calendar
I saw this fab idea on Maria's blog. I've been planning on doing something like this but haven't found the right kind of calendar but thanks to Maria, I now have January and February ready. Only ten more months to go and it'll be ready. If you're interested in making one I suggest you use one of these two cool calendars, just pick your favourite - click or click.

I started by looking for pictures and took out my magazine stack - Lantliv, Allt i Hemmet, Unelmien Talo ja Koti, you know the drill. I ripped out my favourites and left the edges on the top and bottom a bit raw but cut the sides neatly to fit the page. Then I just taped them onto the calendar pages and done. I haven't had the courage to write on the pages yet. I think I'll have to do that with a pencil so I can erase any mistakes. Yes, I can't handle mistakes on something so visible and pristine. I haven't found a place for the calendar yet but I have something in mind... More about that later.



4. I ♥ ideas for the entrance
Remember, I told you a while ago about wanting to wallpaper the hallway. Well, I found out yesterday that I'm not allowed (I live in a rented apartment) but I can paint it. Yay! Better than nothing. I'm not 100% decided on this but I think I would like this kind of paint job. I think the pictures have both got wallpaper but it would be easy enough to paint as well. I haven't made up my mind yet so the search will continue but the current number one looks like this...


5. I ♥ Turku
I'm going to Turku tomorrow and I cannot wait to have a chance to do a bit of shopping. Interior shopping, I mean. On my list of places to visit are for example these two very different but VERY interesting shops...
 
Avelia - a beautiful shop that I haven't been to before. Stocks Bloomingville, Tolix, Beach House, PB Home etc. The shop's look has a rustic vibe combined with natural materials. I'm afraid I'll be spending a fortune in here...


Sisustuksen Koodi - one of Turku's most famous interior shops. Stocks Kartell, Hay, L:A Bruket, Therese Sennerholt etc. Very modern and sleek style.

Comments

Popular Posts